Who We Are
The UNESCO International Institute for Capacity Building in Africa (IICBA) is a Category I Institute established by the UNESCO General Conference in 1999, mandated to strengthen teacher policy and development in Africa.
An integrated, prosperous and peaceful Africa where everyone has access to qualified, motivated and professionally supported teachers.
To strengthen the capacities of Member States in Africa in teacher policy and development.
Our Strategic Goals
1. Increase the supply of qualified teachers
2. Enhance teacher support and motivation
Our Strategic Objectives
• Develop comprehensive teacher policies
• Strengthen teacher education institutions
• Empower teachers’ professional development and networking
Partnerships & Advocacy
• Promote regional and national cooperation in teacher-related issues
• Foster dialogue on teachers and education
Research & Development
• Collect, analyze and generate quality, evidence-based information